晚上7:49

Crying in asian grocery

After I lived in Australia around one month in 2005, Betty, my homestay's mom, took me to a shopping center. She thought I might want to buy some Chinese food, so she led me to an asian grocery and I could buy some snacks from Taiwan. It is a warm thought. So I just looked around and bought some snacks in that shop. Suddenly, I found there were 4 shelves filled up many kinds of instant noodles, including Japanese, Thailand, Korean and Taiwanese that I had often eaten in Taiwan before I came to Australia. Uncontrollably, the tear welled up in my eyes. I didn't know why I wanted to cry at that time? It may becuase I miss Taiwanese food too muah lo.
It took me around 30 minutes to choose which one I should buy, becuase I didn't have too much money to buy another one.


By Simon

4 意見:

匿名 提到...

Vote for Simon.
It is really a sweet thing when you can find something that is familiar to you in another country. It took me half a year before I can find a Vietnamese grocery here. It reminds me of the groceries in Vietnam where you can buy even one or two cigarette instead of a box of them, where you can get candies as the change for something instead of coin. In Taiwan, you can use coin to make a phone call, to buy ticket at the machine, but in Vietnam, there's no such machine for you to use the coin, so sometimes, candies are used instead. But if you are a foreigner, you will have the feeling of being a millionaire there as a bowl of noodle costs VND 15,000, so who will care whether the change is coin or candies. Some candies will make life sweeter (^_^), at least when I think of it ...

Jessica

merry-Tu 提到...

I feel the same way about stories you shared.
Experiencing anything about home in other place really makes you homesick and feel more about your homeland . I started to feel the beauty of Hualien after I left to study in big cities,especially the sea.The color of the Pacific Ocean looking in east Taiwan is blue,really deep blue,but its grey in west Taiwan.Each time Seeing the ugly sea in west Taiwan makes me homesick :P !

Ann Chen 提到...

I don't know you are so sensitive! You should bring a box of instant noodles with you, when you farm form home next time. :)

克勞蒂亞.油膩膩 提到...

I can't agree with Ann more! I didn't know that you are such a sensitive boy!

I would like to know more about Australia. Please tell us more in the next class.

張貼留言