下午4:51

My altitude disease

Today, I would like to talk about my altitude disease.
I never think altitude disease will be a problem till I arrived in Tibet.
I have ever climbed about 14 high mountains of Top Hundreds in Taiwan. Those heights are all above 3,000 meters. And I never feel uncomfortable during climbing.
So my husband and me just drank some Hong Jing Tian herb tea.(紅景天)before the trip. We didn’t prepare too much to prevent the altitude disease.
PS: Hong Jing Tain seems to be "Golden Plant". It can increase oxygen in your blood.

When I got off the airplane and got in the bus in Lhasa Gonggar airport.(拉薩貢嘎) The altitude is 3569 meters. What a wonderful blue sky and fresh air ! I didn’t feel any uncomfortable except exciting. I was here in Tibet. But the tour guide repeated again and again that we had to slow down, took a rest , didn’t go anywhere, didn’t wash head, didn’t have wine to adapt the high altitude. We didn’t really care about his words. We thought everything will be ok.

Unfortunately, we knew what the altitude disease was after 2 hours when we arrived at hotel in Lhasa. I felt the floor was rolling and felt a little dizzy and headache. But it was not serious. At night, I spewed and I could not sleep well. My husband had the same symptoms as me expect spewing. But he had a little fever. He told me he had a bad sleep. He waked up frequently and had to breathe deeply to get more oxygen.

The next morning, we knew all members of our group had different kinds of altitude disease symptoms. Almost were dizzy,headache,some of were diarrhoea. And we all took some cold medicines during the midnight. We all thought the night was too longer to pass. One of us had gone to see a doctor at midnight and felt better. We still thought the symptoms were common. We could adapt it after 2 or 3 days. We could stand the symptoms. It proved that it was a right decision to see a doctor later.

In the third day, everybody felt better and my husband felt worse. He wanted to see a doctor after dinner. I certainly companied him to go to clinic although I felt better just can’t sleep well. After taking our temperature, we all got fever and I was more serious. Because my temperature was higher than my husband. It surprised me. So I had to be cured, too. Even I didn’t feel uncomfortable. The doctor gave me an injection and the other big drop. I lay on the bed with covering my coat and heavy bedquilt. I took the mask to breathe oxygen from a big bottle. The big bottle was as high as me. The doctor injected medicine into the drop two times. After 3 hours, we all sweated and had lower temperature. We could leave. It cost 300 RMB each one. The doctor noticed us that we couldn’t take a bath especially wash head till back to Taiwan. He gave us 3 days medicines. How an amazing medicine! There are 13 pills in each unit. But we still took it after meals and didn’t take a bath till leave Tibet.

It is an unforgettable and unique experience though I had to stand the altitude disease. But it is really worth. I strongly recommend everyone can visit Tibet one day in your life. It must impress you. Trust me, you can do it.

0 意見:

張貼留言